The Ghana Education Service – GES has opened the application for study leave with pay for the 2020/2021 academic year.
According to the GES notice dated 26th February 2020, members of the service who qualify to enjoy the study leave must satisfy the following requirements.
- The applicant must have served at least three years after completing the College of Education.
- Applicants who are serving the GES in deprived districts or schools are also eligible to apply.
- Facilitators who meet the above requirements must also be ready to pursue an approved course as determined by the director.
- GES staff who are pursuing either a second or a third-degree do not qualify for the 2020/2021 study leave.
- Principle Superintendents who obtained their rank through a sandwich programme do not also qualify to apply.
- GES staff who do not qualify for this 2020/2021 study leave with pay include all GES staff who meet the above qualifications but are above age 55.
In addition to the above, all qualified teachers are to note that, the processing of applications for study leave with pay at the district level starts on Thursday, 27th February 2020 and ends Tuesday, 10th March 2020.
What at the documents to be used for the 2020/2021 study leave with pay processing?
Documents to be presented for the 2020/2021 study leave with pay include the following. Read the qualifications in the attached document.
What documents are required for GES study leave with pay processing?
1. Updated Personal Record Form with a passport picture.
2. First appointment letter
3. Confirmation letter.
4. Certificates (BECE, WASSCE & DBE)
5. Birth Certificate
7. SSNIT Card
NB: Get Application Form and personal Record Form from the District Education Office.
Teachers who meet the basic qualifications should take advantage of the opportunity and apply. However, teachers are to take note that, obtaining study leave without pay comes with loss of several benefits. To find out what these losses are, click the link What about study leave without pay.